Dresses are the embodiment of spring! In this blog, we’ll be going over some tips for getting the most out of your spring looks.
Wear Midi Dresses
Midi dresses are perfect for spring. These dresses hit anywhere from two inches below the knees to just above the ankles. Midi dresses are long enough for you to enjoy that lovely spring breeze without getting chills.
If you’re looking for a bright, colorful midi dress for spring, check out our Nancie Cotton Mango Dress! The playful style of this dress and the flowing skirt give it a relaxed feeling. The lightweight material will keep you cool, while the length of the skirt and sleeves will keep you warm from the breeze.
Love this dress? Take a look at some of these other bright and beautiful spring dresses!
Wear Dresses that have ¾ Sleeves
We’re experiencing warmer weather in many regions, but in others, consistent warmer temperatures haven’t hit quite yet. So, if it’s a bit too chilly for a sleeveless dress, try wearing one with longer sleeves.
Our dresses are lightweight and comfortable, making them perfect for spring temperatures, whether warm or still a little chilly.
Looking for a dress that has beautiful patterns and ¾ sleeves? Check out our Nola Turquoise Cotton Dress! You’re sure to liven up your wardrobe with this lovely dress. It’s fun, colorful, and patterned. It’ll be easy for you to make this dress pop with some beige boots or sandals. Or you can add some excitement by dressing it up with a colorful, chunky necklace or by wearing some patterned earrings or bracelets. The easy, loose shape makes it comfortable and perfect for spring and summer weather.
Have Fun with Florals & Patterns
It’s spring, and you know what that means: flowers are blooming all around us! With all the beauty that comes with spring, it’s natural for us to gravitate towards floral prints and fun patterns. You can do a lot with these kinds of dresses:
- Mix and match your prints. Have fun with patterns! Accent your dress with patterned shoes or earrings.
- Toughen up your look. Partner your floral dress with a leather or denim jacket and some combat boots or sneakers.
- Go for a Bohemian look. Choose a full-length floral dress you can wear with a belt and some cowboy boots or ankle boots.
- Make your dress pop. Your dress is a statement. Make it the center of attention by wearing neutral-colored shoes and accessories.
Our Keely Papaya Cotton Dress has a cheery, sunny color that will freshen up your wardrobe for the spring and summer months. Its relaxed fit is perfect on its own, or it can be worn with a belt for an entirely different look. This is one versatile dress that’s perfect for any occasion!
Experiment with Layers
A light jacket is perfect for keeping you warm during spring breezes and dry during spring showers. Whether you choose a raincoat, trench coat, denim jacket, blazer, or a cardigan, you’ll want something cute (as well as practical) to wear with your dress.
Our Corinne Dress would be perfect for layering! This dress would combine beautifully with a denim or leather jacket, or even a blazer if you want to dress it up for an evening event.
Put a Spring in Your Step
Spring is the perfect weather for wearing a plethora of different shoes. Now’s the time you can wear anything from cowboy boots to sandals and everything in between. Here are some ideas:
- White sneakers. Sneakers, in general, are great for spring, especially when it’s too warm for booties but not quite warm enough for sandals. White sneakers, in particular, will add a fresh, clean, and modern note to your spring look. Worried about them getting dirty? Just throw them in the washing machine, and they’ll be good to go for your next spring outing!
- Dress up your look. When you need something a bit dressier, go for open-backed, closed-toed shoes. Mules, clogs, and low heels are perfect for more formal occasions.
- Outdoor Events. When choosing shoes to match your spring dress for an outdoor event, such as a wedding, go for wedges or chunky heels.
- Cool weather shoes. Suede and leather are great textures for transitional winter-to-spring looks. However, be aware that these materials will not hold up well in a rainstorm, so be sure to check the weather before you leave the house!
- Warm weather shoes. Transitional spring-to-summer shoes include open-toed booties and strappy sandals, both of which can pair well with any length dress!
Wear Your Dress with Jeans or Shorts
Many of our dresses are very versatile; they can be worn solely as dresses or look just as stunning over jeans or shorts! Denim shorts and straight-leg white jeans are particularly fashionable in spring, and both would look spectacular with many of our dresses.
Are You Ready to Update Your Spring Wardrobe?
Whatever dress you choose, make sure it’s one that fits in with your wardrobe staples, is versatile, and is comfortable. Spring is the perfect time to experiment with colors, patterns, layers, and accessories. Remember to have fun with your looks and that the dresses you choose accentuate the beauty that is already there.
Your Amaya purchase helps support village artisans who are preserving a centuries-old craft.